Zacuto Axis Adjustable EVF Mount
- Highly adjustable, universal EVF mounting option
- Easily adjusted
- Attaches to your camera via a Z-Rail
- Quick-release, ratcheting lever
- Three main pivoting points that can spin 360 degrees
- Attach your EVF with a ¼ 20 screw
The Zacuto Axis is a highly adjustable, universal EVF mounting option designed to come from the top of your camera set up. The Axis leaves plenty of room at the lens for focusing and will work with the wide bodied lenses. It can be easily adjusted and has a wide range to go from a compact shoulder mounted rig like a Recoil to a rear extended position for a comfortable tripod operating position. The Axis EVF mount attaches to your camera via a Z-Rail or compatible rail accessory (not included.) Just slide the Axis on the Z-Rail and lock into place with the red, quick-release, ratcheting lever. There are many options to mount your Axis depending on your camera set up. Here are a few examples:
- Half Cage (Compatible with any camera! Slides onto 15mm lightweight spaced rails-has adjustable Z-Rail on top.)
- 3” Z-Rail (RED Epic/Scarlet and more)
- 5" Z-Rail (Blackmagic Camera and more)
- Z-Rail T (Sony F3 and FS700, Panasonic AF100, and more)
- Z-Rail Zotshoe* (Great for DSLRs!)
- Also compatible with NATO, SWAT, RED, PICATINNY, and WOODEN CAMERA rails.
The Axis has three main pivoting points that can spin 360 degrees and are controlled independently by red tension levers. Release all three levers to completely reposition the mount or release just one to make single segment adjustments. This allows you to dial in the exact amount of tension on each segment to allow adjustment on the fly without the need to manipulate a lever. Just grab and move. These three independent rotating pivot points give you unlimited positioning options.
Attach your EVF with a ¼ 20 screw via the included quick release mount. This quick release EVF mount can slide on and off any of the four sides of the Axis EVF mount rail. No matter the position of the Axis Mount, the four-way Z-Rail keeps your EVF the right way up and in the perfect spot for you. It allows for cradling, under-slinging or standing of your EVF on the rail. The possibilities are endless and the adjustments are super-fast. The Axis can be installed or packed away in seconds.
If you want to use the Axis with a Small HD viewfinder or an Alphatron with external power you will need this Axis Adapter.